With personal issues taking precedence over the last few weeks, I have found myself a bit behind in email correspondence and blogging. What a surprise to receive a Versatile Blogger Award nomination from The London Flower Lover! Sorry I have not responded sooner but circumstances placed such attentions on the back burner. Many heartfelt thanks are extended for the nomination:) Just knowing the hearts and minds of fellow bloggers have been touched by catnip’s offerings is reward enough.
Now, on to the task at hand! It is my responsibility to enlighten the blogging world with
1) Seven (7) things about me that you did not know.
2.) Nominate 15 other bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award and tell them so they can pass the love on and on and on and on.
Seven things you did not know about me. . .
1. I am a many years past Weight Watchers makeover: an event that greatly changed my life. Having always been overweight I carried a lot of painful childhood memories well into adulthood. A shift in dress size 18 to size 4 truly made a difference both mentally and physically.
2. My husband (Jim) and I reared four children – one boy and three girls. We had each experienced a trumatic earlier marriage that eventually led us to taking on the responsibility of all four children. He had custody of his two daughters and I had a son and a daughter. None of the children had experienced a good family relationship until we were all brought together through God’s blessing.
3. Jim and I both worked for the railroad industry. He was trainmaster (Southern Railway and ASAB Railway) and I was Freight Agent (ASAB Railway). Our first ‘real’ kiss was in a railroad yard!
4. Prior to meeting Jim, I did my tour of duty in snow country, Oldstead Falls, Ohio. I enjoyed teaching in a middle school but found my students more mesmerized with my Southern accent than in learning. Glad for the experience but was happy to return to my southern roots!
5. At the age of 40, I was in the Top Ten for Mrs. Florida. Average age was 23! Having only been married two years at the time, I failed to answer the question what aggravated me the most about my husband. Oh! To be asked that question now! Just kidding:) Of course, what they wanted was something humorous and I took the question literally.
6. I love to cook. My husband loves to cook. We love to cook together:) Food fight!!!
7. Growing up I was very quiet and shy, truly introverted. Then, I met Jim. . .life was never the same and I would not trade it for the world!
My nominations for the Versatile Blogger Award. . .
Being a relatively new blogger (since November 2011), fifteen may be a difficult task, but here goes. These are the ones that have been my inspiration in one way or another. BTW Who on earth came up with the magic number of 15?!.
Specializing in the Impossible. . . Laura Johnson
Laura enlightens her readers with her love of tackling the impossible! She definitely will show you faith is a good thing!!
Goals, Dreams, and Aspirations. . . Claire Cappetta
Claire exposes her heart and soul in a manner than not only reflects her own real-life experiences but ways to help others through truly traumatic times.
A Taste of Bliss. . . Wendell A. Brown
Wendell, aka The Brown Poet, writes poetry from the heart with God’s blessing: True inspiration not only from the heart but the soul!
Fairycart. . . Jenny Park
Jenny presents an unusual blog about fashion and food from different parts of the globe.
Fighting the Devil. . . Jeannie Walker
Jeannie Walker is an award winning true crime author. Fighting the Devil is the true story of one woman’s determination to see justice done.
Magic in the Backyard. . . Kellie Elmore.
Kellie presents a different kind of poetic writing that takes you back to days when magic truly existed in the backyard. Perhaps, it still does.
Daily Spiritual Tools. . . Sherry Woodcock
Where would we be without daily uplifting to guide us through the events of a seemingly world gone mad? Sherry’s latest posting Sacred Longing focuses on that deep, persistent need to know the presence of God within us and in all things.
A Hairdresser’s Diaries. . .
Christine’s, aka sassiecercie, story is one of survival yet interlaced with moments, as she puts it, that will tickle your funny bone while she shares stories, jokes, embarrassing moments, poems and friendship.PhotoBotos. . .
Charlie and Tom
Travel the earth through the camera lens of featured photographers. Enjoy an amazing photo every day.
Christina Li Books. . . Christina Li
Christina introduces herself as an author in the trenches. Her posts offer writing tips, encouragement, and humor. May you NEVER have a jellyfish bad day – posted under Humor: A REALLY bad day at work!
GREATPOETRYMHF’S Weblog. . . MaryHelen Ferris
Ah-h-h! The beauty of music, poetry and photography all in one blog! As MaryHelen so graciously puts it, Opening of Soul in poetry.
Darby’s Story and More. . . Martha Steward
Are you a lover of animals? Then, this is the blog for you: Inspiring stories of an adopted dog and a tailless cat. Darby’s Story and Bangle Bear are A Mom’s Choice Awards Silver Recipient.
Potato Chip Cats. . . Megan Cronin
“Cats are like potato chips. You can’t have just one.” Megan’s blog is not just about cats. Her motto is changing the world one giveaway at a time!
Terry’s Thoughts and Threads. . . Terry Palardy
Terry offers a avenue for discussion of books you’ve read, books you’ve written and want to share.
KidsCanDoIt!. . . Sandra McLeod Humphrey
Dare to Dream Big! This multi-award-winning author’s books are not just for kids.
Aspire. Motivate. Succeed!. . . AMS Daily Contributors
Great place for your daily dose of inspiration! Stop by for a visit and feed your soul.
WHEW! That’s it! I invite and encourage you to visit these amazing blogs. Within each is a reward of its own, perhaps your inspiration for tomorrow:)