Catnip apologizes in being behind in accepting and paying forward many awards. My sincerest apologies to those who bestowed so much honor on catnipoflife.
The first to be recognized is Gys @ Love Poems French & English by Gys. Please visit Gys where you will not only fall in love with her poetry but also her photography. Thank you, Gys, for this honor! Gys has also honored catnip with the Gargie Award which will come later.
The ‘rules’ for One Lovely Blog Award are simple: Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their post, state 7 random facts about yourself, nominate those you feel deserving of the award. For this last part, I have seen the number of nominations vary from 5 to 15. We will leave this open as a matter of choice.
7 Random Facts About Me
1) I waited until my 50s to experience my first broken bone. Tripped and fell in front of a swarm of students changing classes. I was their teacher.
2) My two favorite foods: onion and chocolate. Not necessarily together🙂
3) My very first pet was a dog. Go figure!
4) I love puzzles! Wonder if love of geometry has anything to do with it!
5) My husband calls me ‘octopus’ arms!
6) I adore Greek mythology.
7) The country I would most like to visit is Ireland.
ONE LOVELY BLOG AWARD goes to…
Prodigal Daughter @http://iprodigaldaughter.wordpress.com/
Joseyphina’s World @http://joseyphina.wordpress.com/2013/03/14/all-i-want-to-say-is/
The second to be recognized is Alastair @ Alastair’s Blog. You are encouraged to visit Alastair where you will be enlightened with photography, music, poetry and some of the funniest videos you will ever see. He not only bestowed the Reader Appreciation Award but also Tagged catnipoflife. For more information on Alastair, visit Awakenings, catnip’s sister site. Awakenings just received the Reality Blog Award from none other than Alastair. Thank you triple time, my dear sir!
The Reader Appreciation Award carries with it similar ‘rules’ as most other awards. Here are the requirements for accepting this award:
1) Thank the blogger who nominated you and share a link to that blog. DONE!
2) Attach the award icon to your site. DONE!
3) Answer some specific questions. Unlike many awards which just ask for some random things about you, this asks specific questions as follows:
- Your favorite color? – Sky blue
- Your favorite animal? – The cat
- Your favorite non-alcoholic drink? – Cappuccino
- Facebook or Twitter? – I have both, but I’m more Twitter oriented
- Your favorite pattern? – Checkered
- Do you prefer getting or giving presents? – Giving, but never turn one down
- Your favorite number? – 5
- Your favorite day of the week? – Each new day that arises
- Your favorite flower? – Yellow Daisy
- What is your passion? – Writing, mostly poetry
4) And finally, offer “pay it forward” nominations, advising those bloggers that they have been nominated and how to accept. I’ve listed a few nominees for the award below. This is the best reason to accept blogging awards — to spread the word about other inspiring blogs!
The READER APPRECIATION AWARD goes to…
ALL MY WONDERFUL VISITORS, FOLLOWERS & FRIENDS WITHOUT WHOM I WOULD NOT BE HERE! THANK YOU FOR YOUR VISITS, LIKES & COMMENTS! GRAB THE BADGE, FOLLOW THE RULES AND PAY IT FORWARD.
I APPRECIATE YOU ALL!
A double ‘whammy’ from Len @myownheart.me: The Beautiful Blogger Award and The Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Len is a beautiful person with a heart of gold and inspiring thoughts whether standing in the sun or walking in the rain. She writes from the heart, short stories and poetry, and has a second blog God’s Glory.
Here are the rules of the award:
1 . Display the award logo on your blog. DONE!
2. Thank and link back to the person who nominated you. DONE!
3. State 7 things about yourself. DONE earlier in this post!
4. Nominate 7-15 bloggers for this award.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and link to their blog.
Two BEAUTIFUL BLOG AWARDS go to…
The London Flower Lover @http://thelondonflowerlover.wordpress.com/
Life in the Foothills @http://salmonfishingqueen.wordpress.com/
Marbles in my Pocket @http://charleslmashburn.wordpress.com/
Hot Rod Cow Girl @http://hotrodcowgirl.com/
Kick Back Moments @ http://pstrack.blogspot.com/
Thanks again to Alastair, this time for tagging catnip. Blog tag is a little more encompassing than the other awards. I will forgo the ‘random facts’ since that has just been addressed in another award. I do opt to include the questions since there none have been posed earlier in this post.
The rules are:
- Post these rules. DONE!
- Post a photo of yourself (if you want to) and/or eleven random facts about yourself. Already posted facts, below is a photo.
- Answer the questions given to you in the tagger’s post. See below.
- Create eleven new questions and tag new people to answer them. See below.
- Go to their blog/twitter and let them know they have been tagged. As soon as this is posted.
Questions for me to answer:
- What is your favourite TV program? NCIS
- What is your favourite film? Step Back in Time with Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour
- Do you like cake? Yes, but prefer pie
- Do you believe in Angels? Yes, I have a guardian angel.
- Do you believe in fate? Yes. We live, we die, that is our destiny.
- What kind of vehicle do you drive? (If you drive) Ford Taurus
- Who is your favourite superhero? Wonder Woman
- Do you know the Star Trek “odds and evens” rule? No
- What is your favourite memory? Making mud pies! (Yep, I ate them!)
- If you had the chance to help colonise another planet, would you? You bet!
- What was your first job? Teaching high school math and science. I was barely 21 years old and some of my students were 18!
Questions for my recipients:
1. Who was the greatest influencer in your life?
2. What do you think is the best book you have ever read?
3. If money were no option, what new car would you buy?
4. Which do you prefer as a pet, dog or cat?
5. What has been your greatest challenge?
6. What is the greatest gift you ever received?
7. Which do you prefer, sweet or salty?
8. Would you like Daylight Savings Time to last all year long…NO clock changes?
9. What are your hobbies (outside the Internet)?
10. Which do you do the most: cook at home or eat out?
11. What is your favorite sport?
TAG, YOU’RE IT…
Marilyn @Serendipity http://teepee12.com/