Catnipoflife is honored to receive the Liebster Blog award from, Janice Richards @JanasDreams and Rosemary Adkins @Extraordinary Dreams of an Ireland Traveler.
Before engaging in the ‘rules’ for the award, I would like to introduce you to both of these wonderful women. Each of them brings their own unique perspective to the blogging world.
- For up-to-date information on what is happening on a daily basis and what each day is noted for specifically (National Days), visit JanasDreams. For example, did you know August 15 is Relaxation Day, August 16 is National Tell a Joke Day, August 18 is Bad Poetry Day, and today, August 21, is Senior Citizen’s Day? Um-m-m? I wonder what ‘day’ tomorrow will bring? In addition, Janice is the author of five books. Visit her @Amazon Author Central for information about her publications.
- Rosemary Adkins, aka Mamie, is extraordinary. She is the author of Extraordinary Dreams of an Ireland Traveler. In her own words about her book: “When the opportunity arose to take a trip to Ireland, I poured myself into it and studied Ireland for nearly two years. Part of my dream was to pay tribute to Douglas (my husband) for loving and taking care of me for so long without ever a complaint during the years of my illness.” Visit ‘Mamie’ at Goodreads for more information about her publication.
Now, to the rules. . .
“The rules are that the winners have to pay forward to other people whose sites are worth the recognition and have less than 200 followers. If they accept the award, they should: thank the person who nominated them and link to his/her site; nominate five to eleven (5 to 11) other favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers, and copy/paste the Liebster Blog Icon into their post.”
In doing some additional research about this award, some say pay it forward to five (5) where others say pay it forward to elven (11). Therefore, I have decided to give my nominees a choice. Also, there are some that present question and answer stipulations where others require none. Since Rosemary provided specific questions I will attempt to answer hers as briefly as possible.
1. What or who influenced you to write?
Writing poetic notes for my husband and for our children (left in their lunch boxes). Also writing curricum in which I wrote a math unit, Poetic Math Challenge.
2. Are you currently working on another book?
Yes! My third book, Awakenings from Then ’til Now, is under publication and hopefully will be released next month.
3. What is your favorite past time?
Playing golf with my husband
4. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Ireland! I want to play on those magnificent golf courses!
5. What advice would you give someone who is thinking about writing a book?
When you have random thoughts write them down. You never know when they may be the beginning of that special story or poem.
6. If you had to select a public office to hold, what would you choose for yourself and why?
City Commissioner – to work on fostering a strong sense of community, maintaining the beautiful, natural environment, and promoting economic growth ensuring opportunities for all citizens
7. Do you have any hobbies?
Sewing, cooking and painting
8. Where is your favorite restaurant and favorite food to eat?
JMichael’s in Panama City Beach, FL – Shrimp JMichael Yum-m-m-m!
9. What is your fondest memory?
Traveling to Europe with a friend for a month. AWESOME!
10. What is your favorite movie or TV series?
Somewhere in Time, Christoper Reeve and Jane Seymour
11. What is your reason for writing?
Following God’s plan for I never envisioned myself being a writer. I am only His messenger.
And the nominees are. . .(drum roll)
I’m actually really excited to showcase some of my favorite blogs. Please take time to visit them, you won’t regret it!
Potato Chip Cats
My Own Heart
Books That Sow
A Hairdresser’s Diary
Chief Writing Wolf
My questions for you are:
1. What brought you to the blogging world?
2. What do you enjoy the most about blogging?
3. What do you remember about the first movie you ever saw?
4. What sitcom that has aired its final season would you like to see returned to television?
5. What is your favorite animated character?
6. What is your favorite all-time classic movie?
7. If you had a time machine, where/when would you go and why?
8. What are your interests/hobbies other than reading and/or writing?
9. What is your dream vacation?
10. How would you change the world if you could in one way?
11. What are 5 words that describe your personality?
NOTE: Since not all sites feature stats some nominess may actually have more than 200 followers. If so, please graciously accept the award as a way for you to pay it forward to someone you know that is deserving of its recognition.
CONGRATULATIONS ON BECOMING A
Please leave a comment so I know you have received and accepted the award!